- This event has passed.
Pollinator Partnership: Monarch Habitat Technical Training for Public Lands
October 3, 2018 @ 8:45 am - 3:45 pm EDT
Join Pollinator Partnership for their upcoming technical training for Private Working and Agricultural Lands Workshop in Indiana!
These symposium style workshops will provide technical assistance to public land managers and private land stewards working within the Eastern Broadleaf Forest-Continental Province who are engaged, (or are interested in becoming engaged), with monarch habitat planning, creation, restoration, and long-term management.
Each of the five on-site workshops will include a comprehensive review of best management practices (BMP’s) and targeted recommendations for management actions on public, private, and private working land environments. The public lands workshops will include technical guidance for monarch habitat enhancement and management from the perspective of practitioners working at federal, state, and county levels. The private lands workshops will include monarch habitat enhancement and management guidance, as well as perspectives on overcoming challenges to habitat integration for land managers of corporate lands, roadsides, utility right-of-way’s, farms, and other land-use types.
All workshops will include:
- Presentations by practitioners recognized for their expertise and approach to monarch habitat planning and implementation, including site preparation, integration, and long-term management
- Site walks through exemplary monarch habitat project areas
- Group discussions.
- Space is limited.
- $5.00 registration fee to cover handout materials. Pay here.
- Please bring brown bag lunch, beverages, water bottles, and notebooks with writing utensils. Coffee will be served. (Although coffee cups will be available, we encourage you to bring your personal mug.)
- Bring appropriate outdoor clothing, (hats, sunscreen, rain gear, and hiking boots) for 1-hour site walking tour, rain or shine.
For more information click here.