- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: WHC – Picturing a Better World for Bats: Stories from a Conservation Photographer
October 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT
Picturing a Better World for Bats: Stories from a Conservation Photographer
Tuesday, October 24, 2023
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
If you’ve never traversed the depths of the deepest cave in the western hemisphere or found yourself surrounded by thousands of bats, it can be hard to imagine what that experience is like. Fortunately, conservation photographer Josh Hydeman has — and he’s deployed his skills to capture breathtaking photos of bats in places few people have set foot.
Josh’s work has been published in outlets like National Geographic and has been awarded Best in Show at the National Speleological Society’s Photo Salon. Josh’s years of freelance photography focusing on cave exploration led him to begin photographing the bats that populate these caves. Capturing images of cave habitats and bat species is only one part of Josh’s conservation work — sharing his pieces and the stories that accompany them is the other key element to educating the public about the importance of protecting bats.
In honor of Bat Week October 24-31, join us for this free webinar where Josh will display examples of his bat and cave photography and share the stories behind these incredible photos.
What you’ll learn:
• The importance of wildlife photography to inspire conservation of species like bats
• Stories from Josh’s cave explorations and interactions with bats
Who should take this webinar:
• Conservation professionals interested in learning more about conservation photography
• Wildlife teams working to restore habitats for bats
• Bat enthusiasts who want a behind-the-scenes look at some of Josh’s photos
• Josh Hydeman, photographer and subterranean specialist, Bat Conservation International