- This event has passed.
12th Eastern Native Grasslands Symposium
October 3 - October 6
Join us in Kentucky at Louisville’s renowned Galt House Hotel, October 3rd -6th, for the 12th Eastern Native Grasslands Symposium! This year’s Symposium will feature two days of speakers and poster presentations, as well as a full day of field trips. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be offered for landscape architects and certified crop advisors.
The biennial Eastern Native Grasslands Symposium is sustained by the expanding interests and cooperation of a diverse spectrum of people involved with native grasses, forbs, and wetland plants of the eastern United States. These include restorationists, landscape architects, ecologists, landowners, forage producers, biologists, wildlife and pollinator enthusiasts, private consultants, government agencies, seed and plant producers, and many more!
We are now seeking session proposals from presenters and speakers. We are requesting presentations from industry leaders, knowledgeable professionals, and inspired students. The request for presentations is open through May 15th . See the full RFP here.
This year’s symposium will cover:
- Native Plants in Landscape and Design
- Native grasses in energy and transportation of rights-of-way
- Site preparation, seed selection, establishment and maintenance
- Native grasses and forbs for pollinator conservation
- Grasslands for pasture and forage
- The role of natives in conservation agriculture
- Restoration of Grasslands
- Native grasses and forbs in the solar industry
- and more!
Learn more at ENGSymposium.org.