- This event has passed.
WHC: All About Monitoring – Capturing Strong Data for Your Certification Application
February 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
Register for the webinar here.
Monitoring is one of the foundations of a successful habitat or species conservation project, helping teams assess their progress and adjust their management practices accordingly.
This webinar will explore what good monitoring is, why it’s important for documenting your success, and how to integrate monitoring into the management of your project and Conservation Certification® application. WHC staff will discuss the basic strategies for monitoring conservation projects, including using baseline data and designing a monitoring protocol that fits your project. During the webinar, WHC will also debut new, standardized habitat and species monitoring templates that teams can utilize for various project types.
What you’ll learn:
- The importance of monitoring conservation projects
- What monitoring is needed for a strong Conservation Certification application
- Tactics for designing a comprehensive, but easy-to-use, monitoring protocol
- Instructions on recording monitoring observations using the new WHC templates
- How to use the monitoring data to evaluate and improve a project over time
Who should take this webinar:
- Anyone new to conservation projects
- Site teams or partners looking to refresh or improve their monitoring skills
- Caitlin Banigan, Manager, Conservation Certification, WHC
- Doreen Tadde, Conservation Specialist, WHC