- This event has passed.
WHC Webinar- An Introduction to Land Conservation Agreements
April 3, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
Land Conservation Agreements limit a property’s uses in order to protect its conservation values. This enhanced or permanent protection of corporate lands can help conserve the natural, scenic, or rural qualities of the land for today and for future generations, adding to the depth of your Conservation Certification® goals. Join Sylvia Bates of the Land Trust Alliance to explore the basics of conservation agreements. You’ll also hear case studies of successful corporate and land trust partnerships.
- What is a land conservation agreement, also known as a land trust How to choose an appropriate land trust partner for your project.
- Benefits of conservation easements and other types of conservation strategies to help meet your goals.
- Questions to ask to ensure success of your project and partnership.
- How a land conservation agreement fits into your Conservation Certification program.
- Successful outcomes from case studies that demonstrate how real-world companies met challenges and realized benefits by working with land trusts.
- Sylvia Bates, Director of Standards & Educational Services, Land Trust Alliance
- Kamara Sams, Environmental Community Relations, The Boeing Company
- Stephen T. Johnson, President, North American Land Trust
To register click here.