- This event has passed.
Xerces: Pollinator Habitat Conservation Along Roadways Peer Exchange Meeting (READ DESCRIPTION)
January 18 @ 1:00 pm - January 20 @ 5:00 pm CST
This interactive virtual workshop is intended to bring together staff from DOTs around the country, as well as other roadside managers, to share challenges and successes in creating and managing pollinator habitat along roadways.
This workshop will consist of a series of four core sessions focusing on strategies for ESA compliance, maintenance, revegetation, and building partnerships, in addition to an introductory session and a final wrap-up session. Each of the sessions will be interactive, with opportunities for participants to share strategies that have or have not worked for them, as well as challenges. Each of the core sessions will start with brief talks from DOT staff.
There’s still plenty of space, so please register here if you are interested in attending. You did not have to sign up prior to November 5 to attend this event.
The meeting will take place over three days with 6 non-concurrent sessions. You can attend as many or as few sessions as you like.
Tuesday- January 18, 2022
- Opening Session and Introduction to Pollinator Biology and Conservation (1:00 – 2:15 ET)
- Endangered Species Act Compliance for Pollinator Conservation (3:15 – 5:00 ET)
Wednesday- January 19, 2022
- Maintenance Strategies to Support Imperiled Pollinator Conservation (1:00 – 2:45 ET)
- Revegetation Strategies to Support Imperiled Pollinator Conservation (3:15 – 5:00 ET)
Thursday- January 20, 2022
- Interacting with the Public and Creating Partnerships (1:00 – 2:45 ET)
- Final Wrap-up (3:00 – 3:45 ET)